“I need help to recover files from external hard drive not detected on my Windows computer. My external hard drive worked fine till today morning, but evening while accessing data from it on my computer, my system got shut down due to sudden power outage. When power supply was back, I turned on my system, but I was shocked, as my computer failed to recognize my external hard drive. Then, I connected to my friend’s PC, but it was useless. My external hard drive contained some important files, which I din’t saved on my PC. Now, my query is how to recover files from external hard drive not detected on computer? Please help me!!!”
Are you a victim of a situation as mentioned above? Then, don’t get tensed, just remain calm and go through this article to know the best possible way to restore files from unrecognized external HDD. Usually, external hard drives are used to save backup files and it can store large number of different files such as documents, videos, pictures, PowerPoint files, spreadsheets, PDF documents, and many more. However, while using external hard drives on computer, users may encounter some cumbersome situations such as external hard disk not get detected by computer. This is one such critical situations, in which data saved in external hard disk becomes out of reach. This troublesome situation is faced by many external hard drive users due to below mentioned factors.
- Shut down of your computer, while transferring files from external hard drive to computer or vice versa due to power surges or forceful shutdown can lead to severe corruption of the external hard disk. As a result of this, when you connect your external hard drive to your system again, it may fail to get recognized by the computer. In such instance, data from corrupted hard drive can be regained back with the usage of Crucial Data Recovery tool. Check out here http://www.crucialdatarecovery.net/corrupted.html to know the easiest way of retrieving files from corrupted hard disk.
- Severe virus and malware infected external hard drive may go undetected, when connected to a system. Usually, external threats like malwares and virus intrudes your external hard drive, if you connect it to a virus infected computer and transfer large number virus affected files to it.
- Frequent removal of external hard drive from the system, when read or write process is in progress can lead to severe corruption of the hard drive. As a result of this, your external hard drive in such situation may fail to get detected by any computer.
- Besides, there are plenty of reasons which may result in detected external hard disk. Some of the other factors that are responsible for unrecognized external hard drive are formation of bad sectors, corruption in the file system, improper file system conversion, etc.
No one likes to lose their important data from external hard drive. In case, if you don’t have proper backup of your data and come across any of the above mentioned scenarios, then simple make use of Crucial Data Recovery software to get back data from undetected external hard drive in an easy way. It can perform the task of data recovery from undetected external hard disk that is formatted with FAT16, Fat32, NTFS, ExFAT, HFS or HFSX partitions. By utilizing this utility, you can recover data from not recognized external hard drive on all the latest versions of Windows OS which include Windows 10, Windows 8, Vista, Windows 7, Windows server 2003 and 2008, XP, Windows 2000, etc. Mac version of the software can be used to recover files from external hard drive not detected on Mac computers. Mac users can also use the Mac version to restore data from MacBook Pro hard drive which has been lost or deleted from MacBook Pro in certain critical scenarios.
Salient features of this software:
- This tool is capable of recovering more than 300 file types in few couple of clicks.
- This tool has enough ability to retrieve files from bad hard drive ( both internal as well as external hard drive) in hassle free way
- Download the demo version of the software at free of cost to evaluate the chance of data recovery
- It scans and recovers all types of files from undetected external hard disk in few simple steps.
- After scanning is completed, the demo version of the software allows you to preview the recovered files in File Type View or Data View.
- “Save Recovery Session” option in the demo version helps you to save the entire data recovery process. So that, once you purchase the software, you do not have to perform the rescan of the external hard drive and you can resume the saved recovery session by selecting “Open Recovery Session” option.
- Besides external hard drive, you can use this software to retrieve lost files after restoring system settings from your desktop PC as well as from laptops with greater ease.
Steps to recover data from dead external hard drive:
Step 1: Install this application and run it to launch main screen. From main screen, select Recover Drives option as shown in figure a.
Figure a: Main Screen
Step 2: Select the dead external hard drive to scan and search your vital data as shown in figure b.
Figure b: Select Dead External Hard Drive
Step 3: After scanning is compeleted, software will list out all restored files as shown in figure c.
Figure c: Recovered Data